WIM New Generation Awards 2022
Panel of Judges - 2022
Prof. (Dr). Ravi Dissanayake – Chair of the Panel of Judges
Head, Department of Marketing Management, Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies (FCMS), University of Kelaniya
Director Technical & Vocational Service National Youth Service Council
Country Manager, CIMA
Dr. Nirmal De Silva
Strategy Consultant, Entrepreneur, Youth Empowerment Advocate & Associate Professor in Business Management
Sandra De Soysa
Dr. Thilina Wanigasekera
Director/ Organization Development - Ministry of Health
Co-Founder/ Partner Velox Legal, Attorney at Law, Council Member - Moratuwa Municipal Council
Dr. Thushari Koralage is an educationaist, author and a lyricist. She is the pioneer of Giggles International Montessori and Asian Grammar School in Colombo and Matara. WIM EXCO Member
Awards Deputy Chair
Fazeela Dharmaratne From 17 years in the Corporate sector to Entrepreneurship Managing Director CeeBees Preschool & Childcare Centre (WIM Member)
- Best School Male Prefect
- Best School Female Prefect
- Happy Student of the year
- Young Educator of the year
Project carried out by an Undergraduate group or society in their own universities, related to an awareness, change, empowerment and assistance to help their own university or students. The nomination form should be certified by the Head of Faculty.
- Young Sportsman of the year
- Young Sportswoman of the year
- Best School sport team
- Blogger of the year
- Positive Social Media Influencer of the year
- TV/Radio/Youtube Presenter of the Year
- "Young Farmer of the Year Award"
- "Young Agro-processor"
- Youth Home Gardner
- Best Youth Travel Blogger
- Best Youth Restaurant waiter
- Best youth Hospitality Customer care
- Best youth tour operator
- Best youth housekeeper
- Best youth tourism promoter
- Best Youth Chef
- Online Retailer
- Fashion Designer
- Technopreneur (ideas and developments that will drive the economy through innovation, technology and creativity)
- Event Planner
- Young Beautician
This Award recognizes the youth who have put forth efforts to make their community a better place or are active in local or state government.
- Youth Group
This award is conferred upon a young professional, who through excellent professional practice, upholds the standards of his or her profession. Nominations are invited from the business sectors, all professional organizations and associations.
- Youth Legal Officer of the year
- Youth Medical practitioner of the year
- Youth Engineer of the year
- Artificial Engineering
- “Young corporate career woman”
- “Young Corporate Career Man”
- Young Diversity Champion
- Youth Supply Chain career lead
- Youth IT Lead/Developer/Project Management
This Award goes to a young person/group who is breaking new grounds in areas such as:
- Information technology
- Manufacturing; etc.
Outstanding startups that are building innovative products, solutions or scalable enterprises with high potential to generate employment, create wealth and above all to demonstrate measurable social impact.
This is awarded to a young person who has mobilized community support and action around certain issue they felt strongly about.
An extraordinary youth who leads by example, lives on purpose and inspires others to be more and do more. Youth who is a modern-day hero, game-changer, mover, shaker and role model who leads by example.
This is an organization Award which is given to organizations who believes in youth employment, conduct career development and open opportunities for youth to be employed.
Individuals or youth groups who initiated projects towards making awareness and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Nominee can pick a one goal. 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water Sanitation
- Affordable & Clean Energy
- Decent work & Economic Growth
- Industry Innovation & Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable cities & communities
- Responsible consumption & production
- Climate action
- Life below Water
- Life on land
- Peace, Justice & strong Institutions
- Partnership for the goals.)
This can only be awarded by Judges